Saturday, January 21, 2017

I'm the Shits

Since receiving the BBD, I've had a sense of urgency to tell people whom I love the things I need to tell them, and to finish projects that are important to me.  What strikes me is the response people have had to this.

Some people have wanted to be my friend and spend time with me, which is lovely.  But it seems that since I didn't die within a certain time frame, they've sort of lost patience with me and have faded out of my life again.

Others have just stopped talking to me altogether.  I suppose they are angry at me, though I didn't ask for any of this.  Some have been more vocal in their anger and told me I'm just the kid in the class yelling "Me, me, me!"  I probably have been at times.

And yet a few, have felt the urgency with me and I know will walk with  me to the end.

I am not afraid of death, and like my mother, believe it will be a great adventure.  I am, however, more than a little afraid of not remembering which end of the bean to poke into my nose.  Even if I don't remember who you are, one day, I hope you remember enough for both of us.  I hope you will remember funny things, happy things.  And I hope when you think of me, that you'll remember to be kind to Earth, because, after all, you are part of Her.

When you see leaves turn into soil, and the earthworms do their thing, and the Robins eating the earthworms and pooping again to enrich the Earth - think of me.  I'm in that bird shit and happy to be there.  When you see some lights twinkling where there is no explanation - you know the ones, the ones you dare not tell other people about - just smile and be reassured.  There is so much more to this life than can be dreamt of in your philosophies.  That's an absolute truism.

And for Mother's sake, don't take yourself too seriously.  That makes Jack a dull boy.  Rejoice.  Seek joy always.  Love.  Be grateful.



No comments: