Friday, December 9, 2016

Very Dull Moments

I've caught myself a few times in the past week or so just sort of waking up staring.  I blame the holidays.

I was working in the kitchen today and "found" myself staring into an open cabinet - the one with the soup and beans in it.  This experience is not quite the same as opening the cabinet and not remembering what I came for.  This is more like, "Huh? What's going on? Is this drool on my chin? Sheesh."  

It takes a minute.  I looked around and remembered I'd been getting veggies ready to roast for dinner. I didn't remember going to the soup cabinet or why I was there.  But, truth be told, going to the soup cabinet is not that memorable, is it?

Tomato rice, chicken noodle, black beans, garbanzo beans.  Ramen noodles?  I sure as heck didn't buy those!

It's more than likely that every time I do something weird now - that would be approximately 8 gazillion times per day - I'm going to wonder if it's a bit more of my favorite organ fading away.  More than likely it's nothing.  Or you know. . . . the holidays.

I guess as long as I'm waking up from these moments, it's all good, right?  I'll let you know if I don't wake up.

*wink*

No comments: