Thursday, February 23, 2017

Genders and Restrooms

     When I was in China, I went to a public restroom in a park.  I went into the first stall and thought it was out of order.  After all, there was no toidy in there, just a hole in the floor with a porcelain ring around it.  So I went to the next stall.
     Dang!  Also just a hole in the floor with a porcelain ring.  No instructions.  Hmmmmmm. . . . . what to do? Well, my bladder pulled rank on my brain at that point and I figured out that popping a squat is universal.  So you can understand that now, living in S. Carolina, I'm quite confused about the hoopla about what bathroom a transgendered person should use.
     I don't know about you, but I don't check out genitals when I'm in a public restroom.  In fact, it's probably the last thing on my mind.  Especially as I get more mature, I hardly ever think of anything except getting there in time to pee!  I can't remember one time - not a single time in my whole life - worrying about the birth configuration of someone's genitals when I was in a restroom.  And I have been in some restrooms, let me tell you.
     In fact, a childhood friend and I peed all over our hometown  while growing up.  We didn't do it out of some weird desire to be rebellious, we did it because we had to pee.  And if we began laughing, which was bound to happen when she and I got together, we had to pee often!  Now that is a bit off center, I reckon, but no one ever complained.  We tried to be discrete for the most part.
     So I'm wondering, who the heck is it who is policing restrooms to make sure that people's genitals match the sign on the door indicating which restroom they should use?  I'm especially suspicious when there is only one toidy in the restroom.  So there is a locked door, and I'm the only one in there, but I'm supposed to wait until the "ladies" is open?  Not blooming' likely.  As I've said before, when I gotta pee, I've gotta pee!  I applaud the places in SC now that are putting up restrooms that have just one toidy and are marked his/hers.
     Newsflash!  Most men pee at home in a regular toidy, not a urinal.  So most men (although there are some who are incredibly lousy shots) can actually figure out how to pee in a regular toidy.  It's not a huge deal.
     If you are in a place in which people in the restroom want to look at your private bits, you had better just get on outta there.
    Let's all think of something better to bitch about.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope they don't start checking to see what everyone has.